Thursday, January 17, 2013

A day in the Life...

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."  Galations 6:9
I am clinging to this verse right now.  Why?  Because sometimes life gets pretty mundane.  The day-in-day-out chores and raising a little girl can get the best of me.  Not to mention keeping a marriage strong and healthy.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy and thankful for everything God has given me.  Sometimes though a person just needs to take a step back and look at their life.  How can I improve?  One of my words for 2013 is contentment.  I want to be content.
I want to turn off the damn t.v., computer, or ipad and live life.  When God let me bring my precious baby girl into this world I don't think he said to me, "Now, Sarah, I want you to make sure that Sophia watches t.v. as much as she can."  Um..no!  :)  It's easy to get caught up in the daily chores.  It's easy to get lost on Facebook, blogs, Pinterest, etc.  Then, before you know it, half of your day is gone.  I want my life to be more than that.  Now listen here, I don't ignore Sophia!  I just think she deserves more of my attention.  Even in the mundane...I need to be content and grateful.  All of the crafts, books, music, outdoor time, little life lessons will not go unnoticed in the eyes of God.  Sophia will carry all of these wonderful moments with her for the rest of her life.  So, from here on out I will try my best to not grow weary for in due time I will reap!
So here is a story in pictures of our life today!
 This is called the Green Monster Smoothie.
 Puzzle time!  

 Mmmm...pancakes!  She ate it all!  Woohoo!
 Did the dishes while she worked on her puzzles.
 Letter tracing.
 Yep, we read all of them!
 Enjoying the sunny day outside!


 First bike wreck!
 Saying hello to Honeybee and Fly.
 Feeling the warmth of the bricks.
Love, 
Sarah and Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment