Friday, January 25, 2013

Farm Fresh

I love farm fresh eggs. They are a beautiful brown color, all different sizes, and I think they whip up better than the white store-bought version. I pulled out one of the farm fresh eggs and there was a feather in the carton...then I proceeded to wash the egg under hot water before I cracked it.
I used the eggs in my famous whole wheat banana oat flax chocolate chip muffins. I freeze bananas when they are too ripe to eat, I freeze them suckers whole. They thaw on the counter in no time, then I cut the end off and squeeze the perfect consistency thawed banana into the bowl. Mix it with some greek yogurt, eggs, oil, and a little sugar. Then I add the dry whole wheat flour, oats, flax, soda, powder, cinnamon, and whatever my heart desires. I don't measure anything.
When thats all mixed up I add some vanilla and a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Since I only put about 2 T of sugar in the mix, the chocolate makes it taste a little sweeter.
This particular batch made seven muffins. I never know how many muffins I'll get, I like the anticipation. Obviously I had to add another liner to the pan. And there's my hot tea. And don't be jealous of my Jadeite.
And here they are! They are guilt-free little satisfying morsels of health. Chickens all over the world are glad to have their eggs included in these muffins, and I'm glad my husband brings home the eggs from some guy he works with. Try them!
Have a great weekend everyone,
Katie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the muffin! It soothed my soul.

    Holla!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a free spirit in the kitchen! No measuring .. 7 muffins! You so crazy! I love it! -Annie

    ReplyDelete